from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a division
- adj. Of or pertaining to the process of division
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That divides; pertaining to, making, or noting, a division
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or serving for division; noting or making division: as, a divisional line. Also divisionary.
- Belonging to a division, as of an army, or to a district constituting a division for any purpose; having to do with a division: as, a divisional general (that is, a general of division in the French service); a divisional surgeon of police.
- n. An aliquot part; a sub-multiple.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a military division
- adj. constituting a division or an aliquot part of the basic monetary unit
- adj. serving to divide or marking a division
Sorry, no etymologies found.
They're 1-0 in divisional play, leaving them in sole possession of first place in the NFC East.
Last season: 10-6, won NFC South, beat Eagles in divisional playoffs and lost to Bears in NFC Championship Game
Last season: 13-3, won AFC North, lost to Indianapolis in divisional round
The Hurricanes fell to 4-5 in divisional play and 7-1-3 against everybody else.
Sun Belt: In transcontinental play, Florida International and Denver were chosen to win divisional conference titles in 2003.
And although this year’s team is 2-0 so far in divisional play, it is true that in recent years the Skins have lost far more divisional games than they have won.
The second weekend of the NFL playoffs, known as the divisional round, is the weekend that true, hotblooded football fans fantasize about all year.
Snor Vermeulen and Lionel Snyman of Vlakplaas, Nieuwoudt and a third man who "appeared to be a senior officer" and who Nieuwoudt later identified as divisional commander Brigadier Fanie Gilbert.
"My son called his divisional head for IT, who said we would be paid on August 10."
The Jets are facing what is known as a divisional-sandwich game, hosting an NFC West team after beating AFC East rival Buffalo and before visiting New England four days after this game.