Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In ship-building, one of a pair of exterior side keels secured under the bottom of a large armored warship, usually about half-way between the main keel and the turn of the bilge, to support the ship when in dry-dock.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.