from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A collar for a dog.
- n. Informal A clerical collar.
- n. A choker: a duchess resplendent in ermine robes and a diamond dog collar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A collar for a dog
- n. a clerical collar
- n. A close-fitting woman's necklace; a choker
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stiff white collar with no opening in the front; a distinctive symbol of the clergy
- n. a collar for a dog
- n. necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neck
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Beadie pulled off the dog collar and stuffed it into a bin next to where the Lexus was parked.