from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A turned-down corner of a page in a book.
  • transitive v. To turn down the corner of (the page of a book).
  • transitive v. To make worn or shabby from overuse.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. folded corner of a page (as from a book or magazine, so as to mark one's place)
  • v. To fold the corner of a book's page.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. an acroterium.
  • n. a corner of a page turned down to mark a place.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a corner of a page turned down to mark your place


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.