from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A gold coin of the United States, worth two eagles or $20, or £4 2s. 2d. English money.
- noun The heraldic representation of an eagle with two heads, as in the national arms of Russia and Austria. It is the ancient emblem of the Byzantine and Holy Roman empires.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun US, numismatics A gold coin with a face value of $20.00 formerly used in the United States, the double of the U.S.
- noun golf Three
under par, one stroke short of an ace(a hole in one) on a par 5 hole.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (golf) a score of three strokes under par on a hole
- noun a former gold coin in the United States worth 20 dollars
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.