from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gold coin with a face value of $20.00 formerly used in the United States, the double of the U.S. eagle coin.
- n. Three under par, one stroke short of an ace (a hole in one) on a par 5 hole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a gold coin of the United States having the value of 20 dollars.
- n. a gold coin of the United States worth twenty dollars.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gold coin of the United States, worth two eagles or $20, or £4 2s. 2d. English money.
- n. The heraldic representation of an eagle with two heads, as in the national arms of Russia and Austria. It is the ancient emblem of the Byzantine and Holy Roman empires.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (golf) a score of three strokes under par on a hole
- n. a former gold coin in the United States worth 20 dollars
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.