from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tree (Dracaena draco) of the Canary Islands, having a thick trunk, clusters of sword-shaped leaves, and orange fruit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of several trees, of the genus Dracaena, having a thick trunk, sword-shaped leaves and orange fruit, especially Dracaena draco from the Canary Islands - the source of dragon's blood
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a West African liliaceous tree (Dracæna Draco), yielding one of the resins called dragon's blood. See Dracæna.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Dracœna Draco. See Dracœna.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tall tree of the Canary Islands; source of dragon's blood
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.