from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The art of the theater, especially the writing of plays.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The science which treats of the rules of dramatic composition and representation; the dramatic art.
- noun Theatrical representation; histrionism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The art of dramatic composition and representation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun theater The
artof dramatic compositionfor the stage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the art of writing and producing plays
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.