from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The head of a draw-bar.
- noun In spinning, a contrivance in which the slivers are lengthened and receive an additional twist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Railroad) The flanged outer end of a drawbar; also, a name applied to the drawgear.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun rail transport The flanged outer end of a
- noun rail transport A name applied to the
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
draw + head
Gallagher released the driver-brakes and let the 206 and the plow drift down the grade until his tender drawhead touched the laborers 'car.