from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large fishing net buoyed up by floats that is carried along with the current or tide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very long fishing net, supported by floats, that drifts with the current behind a fishing boat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a kind of fishing net.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gill-net supported upright in the water by floats and distended by means of weights below.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large fishnet supported by floats; it drifts with the current
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.