from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A powered vertical drilling machine in which the drill is pressed to the work automatically or by a hand lever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A machine tool in which a rotating cutter, usually a twist drill, is pushed into a workpiece to produce a hole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A machine for drilling holes in metal, the drill being pressed to the metal by the action of a screw.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A form of drilling-machine armed with one or more drills for boring holes in metal, and designated as vertical, horizontal, or universal, in accordance with its mode of working.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a machine tool with a separate, upright stand; an electric drill is pressed into the work automatically or with a hand lever
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.