from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. The part of a drilling tool or machine that holds the shank of a drill or bit.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. The part of a drill that holds the shank of the bit

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A contrivance for holding and turning a drill.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In mech., the holder (of which there are many kinds) for receiving the fixed end of a drill.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.