from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A parachute used to stabilize or decelerate a fast-moving object, especially a small parachute used to slow down a reentering spacecraft or satellite prior to deployment of the main parachute.
- n. A small parachute used to pull a main parachute from its storage pack.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. a small parachute that is first released and opened in order to more reliably deploy a larger parachute. Also called drogue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small parachute that pulls the main parachute from its storage pack
- n. a parachute used to decelerate an object that is moving rapidly
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.