from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A pipe producing a droning sound; hence, poetically, the droning hum of an insect.
- noun Specifically
- noun The largest tube of a bagpipe, which produces the droning sound; the drone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One of the low-toned tubes of a bagpipe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One of the low-toned
tubesof a bagpipe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a pipe of the bagpipe that is tuned to produce a single continuous tone
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
drone + pipe