from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun a device for making large forgings, in which a heavy hammer drops onto the metalwork to be forged, pressing it into a form or anvil underneath, or between dies.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun device for making large forgings


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.