from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A shot in various racket games in which a ball or shuttlecock drops quickly after crossing the net or hitting the wall.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun sports In sports such as badminton, squash, tennis and volleyball, a lightly-struck shot that just lands into play.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a soft return so that the tennis ball drops abruptly after crossing the net


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.