from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A person who leads a marching band or drum corps, often twirling a baton.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The chief or first drummer of a regiment.
- noun One who directs the evolutions of a band or drum-corps in marching.
- noun A riotous evening assembly. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- The chief or first drummer of a regiment; an instructor of drummers.
- U.S. The marching leader of a military band.
- A noisy gathering. [R.] See under
Drum, n., 4.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One who
conductsand commandsa marching band.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the leader of a marching band or drum corps
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.