from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who leads a marching band or drum corps, often twirling a baton.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who conducts and commands a marching band.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The chief or first drummer of a regiment; an instructor of drummers.
- The marching leader of a military band.
- A noisy gathering. [R.] See under Drum, n., 4.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chief or first drummer of a regiment.
- n. One who directs the evolutions of a band or drum-corps in marching.
- n. A riotous evening assembly. See drum, 9.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the leader of a marching band or drum corps
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.