from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A removable paper cover used to protect the binding of a book.
  • noun A cardboard sleeve in which a phonograph record is packaged.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun The detachable paper cover of a book; used to protect the binding, and to provide blurb.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a paper jacket for a book; a jacket on which promotional information is usually printed


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.