from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A severe windstorm that sweeps clouds of dust across an extensive area, especially in an arid region.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A storm of wind which raises dense masses of dust into the air, as on one of the great deserts of Africa or Asia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A strong windstorm that lifts particles of dust or dry soil into the air and blows them around, covering land or objects with a thick layer of dust.
Dust stormsmay occur in arable areas during periods of drought; when a similar storm occurs in a desert area, such a storm is called a sandstorm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a windstorm that lifts up clouds of dust or sand
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.