from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various low-growing plants chiefly in the composite family, having woolly silver-gray foliage.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Same as
- noun The auricula, Primula Auricula: so called from the whitemealiness upon the leaves.
- noun The Senecio Cineraria, a common cultivated foliage-plant which is covered with white tomentum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic A formulaic phrase for a
miller, related to the dust generated in the milling process.
- noun One of several species of plants with leaves of a dusty appearance: Centaurea cineraria, Senecio cineraria, and Lychnis coronaria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an old cottage garden plant of southeastern Europe widely cultivated for its attractive white woolly foliage and showy crimson flowers
- noun stiff much-branched perennial of the Mediterranean region having very white woolly stems and leaves
- noun a plant having leaves and stems covered with down that resembles dust
- noun herb with greyish leaves found along the east coast of North America; used as an ornamental plant
- noun shrubby perennial of the Canary Islands having white flowers and leaves and hairy stems covered with dustlike down; sometimes placed in genus Chrysanthemum
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.