from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To stain black like ebony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To give wood the color or texture of ebony.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make black, or stain black, in imitation of ebony.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To stain black, as wood, with a view to the imitation of natural ebony: as, a bookcase of ebonized wood.
- To make black or tawny; tinge with the color of ebony: as, to ebonize the fairest complexion. Also spelled ebonise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. stain black to make it look like ebony
ebony + -ize (Wiktionary)