from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To stain black like ebony.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To stain black, as wood, with a view to the imitation of natural ebony: as, a bookcase of ebonized wood.
- To make black or tawny; tinge with the color of ebony: as, to
ebonizethe fairest complexion. Also spelled ebonise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To make black, or stain black, in imitation of ebony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To give
woodthe coloror textureof ebony.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb stain black to make it look like ebony
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
ebony + -ize
Sorry, no example sentences found.