from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A room or enclosure with acoustically reflective walls used in broadcasting and recording to produce echoes or similar sound effects.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Music, broadcasting) A room with walls that resonate sound, producing audible echoes; it is used especially to create special sound effects in recording music.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
roomor other enclosed space that is highly conducive to the production of echoes, particularly one that has been designed and built for this purpose.
- noun In music production, a
sound effectthat may be applied to live or recorded sounds through a sound editingprocess, which creates the impression that the sounds originated in an enclosed space which was conducive to echoes.
- noun derogatory, by extension An
insular communicationspace that is of no interest to outsidersor refuses their input.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an enclosed space for producing reverberation of a sound
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.