from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who makes a business of collecting eggs, as of birds or turtles.
- noun One who eggs, urges, or incites: usually with on.
- noun In entomology, a reddish-brown moth of either of the genera Lasiocampa and Eriogaster: as, the oak-egger, L. quercus; the grass-egger, L. trifolii; the small egger, E. lacustris.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One who gathers eggs; an eggler.
- noun One who eggs or incites.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One who gathers eggs.
- noun Any of various species of
moth, especially the oak egger-moth, Bombyx quercus.
- noun One who eggs or
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults; larvae feed on tree foliage and spin egg-shaped cocoons
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From egg + -er.
Sorry, no example sentences found.