from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun The board at the bottom of a window which forms the inner sill.
  • noun In psychology, an apparatus for determining the just noticeable (passive) motion of the forearm, that is. the just noticeable change of articular sensation at the elbow. Also called arm-board.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun The base of a window casing, on which the elbows may rest.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.