from The Century Dictionary.
- Belonging to or made of amber.
- Composed of the alloy called electrum (which see).
- noun The (supposed) principle of electricity; a (supposed) kind of matter which manifests electrical phenomena.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Belonging to, or made of, amber.
- adjective Made of electrum, an alloy used by the ancients.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or pertaining to
amber(especially having the ability to generate static electricity)
- adjective Of of pertaining to the alloy
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Latin electrinus of amber. See electric.
Sorry, no example sentences found.