from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun Any of various devices that use an electric or magnetic field to focus a beam of electrons.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun electronic equipment that uses a magnetic or electric field in order to focus a beam of electrons


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.