from The Century Dictionary.
- To heat; cause to burn, as with fever.
- To boil violently; hence, to rage with pride or anger.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb obsolete To boil with anger; to effervesce.
- transitive verb obsolete To cause to boil with anger; to irritate; to chafe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb obsolete To cause to
boilwith anger; to irritate; to chafe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
em- + boil
Members of the Royal Family do not by tradition emboil themselves in political matters.