from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause to boil with anger; to irritate; to chafe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To boil with anger; to effervesce.
- transitive v. To cause to boil with anger; to irritate; to chafe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To heat; cause to burn, as with fever.
- To boil violently; hence, to rage with pride or anger.
em- + boil (Wiktionary)
Members of the Royal Family do not by tradition emboil themselves in political matters.