from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Acting medicinally by absorption through the skin.
from The Century Dictionary.
- In medicine, involving direct application to the skin: said of that method of administering medicines in which they are applied to the skin after the epidermis has been removed by blistering. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Med.) Acting through the skin, or by direct application to the skin.
- adjective that in which the medicine enters the system through the skin, being applied either to the sound skin, or to the surface denuded of the cuticle by a blister.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective medicine Acting through the
skin, or by direct applicationto the skin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective acting by absorption through the skin
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The endermic exhibition of morphia may also be resorted to for the purpose of relieving the pain incident to the wound, of preventing the development of tetanic symptoms, and of securing quietude and sleep to the patient.