from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To write on the face of (a check, for example).
from The Century Dictionary.
- To write, print, or stamp some mark or form of words on or across the face of (a note, bond, certificate, map, or the like).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To write or print on the face of (a draft, bill, etc.).
- transitive verb To write or print (a memorandum, direction, or the like) on the face of a draft, bill, etc..
- transitive verb (Com.) Indian government securities the principal and interest of which are enfaced as payable in silver rupees.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.