from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To gulp down; swallow greedily.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To swallow; to swallow up, engulf.
- v. To glut, satiate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To swallow or gulp down.
- transitive v. To glut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To swallow or gulp down.
- To fill to repletion; glut.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
Anglo-Norman englutir, from Late Latin inglūtīre : Latin in-, intensive pref.; see in-2 + Latin gluttīre, to swallow.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Partly from Old French englotir, partly from en- + glut. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.