from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To gulp down; swallow greedily.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To swallow or gulp down.
- To fill to repletion; glut.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb obsolete To swallow or gulp down.
- transitive verb obsolete To glut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To
swallow; to swallowup, engulf.
- verb To
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Anglo-Norman englutir, from Late Latin inglūtīre : Latin in-, intensive pref.; see in– + Latin gluttīre, to swallow.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Partly from Old French englotir, partly from en- + glut.
Sorry, no example sentences found.