from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Surgical incision into the intestine.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In anatomy, dissection of the bowels or intestines.
- noun In surgery, incision of the intestine, as in the operation for artificial anus, or for the removal of an obstruction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Med.) Incision of the intestines, especially in reducing certain cases of hernia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun surgery
incisioninto the intestine
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun surgical operation that creates a permanent opening through the abdominal wall into the intestine
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
entero- + -tomy
Sorry, no example sentences found.