from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To enclose in or as if in a womb.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To make pregnant.
- To bury; hide as in a womb, pit, or cavern.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb obsolete To conceive in the womb.
- transitive verb To bury, as it were in a womb; to hide, as in a gulf, pit, or cavern.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb poetic, archaic To place or cause to be contained in the
womb; to make pregnant; to conceive.
- verb To
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From en- + womb.