from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Archaic form of enzootic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Afflicting animals; -- used of a disease affecting the animals of a district. It corresponds to an endemic disease among men.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Permanently apt to affect brutes in a particular district: said of diseases. Enzoötic and epizoötic have the same meaning in reference to brutes as endemic and epidemic in reference to man.
- n. The continuous prevalence of a disease among brutes in a particular district.
- n. A disease of brutes locally prevalent.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.