from The Century Dictionary.
- Permanently apt to affect brutes in a particular district: said of diseases. Enzoötic and epizoötic have the same meaning in reference to brutes as endemic and epidemic in reference to man.
- noun The continuous prevalence of a disease among brutes in a particular district.
- noun A disease of brutes locally prevalent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Afflicting animals; -- used of a disease affecting the animals of a district. It corresponds to an
endemicdisease among men.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Archaic form of
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.