from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An immature medusoid stage of a scyphozoan jellyfish once it breaks off from its segmenting polyp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stage in the development of discophorous medusæ, when they first begin to swim about after being detached from the strobila. See strobila.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pl. ephyræ (-rē). One of the so-called Medusæ bifidæ; an attached or free-swimming lobate discoidal medusoid, resulting from transverse fission, by agamogenetic multiplication, in the scyphistoma stage, of the actinula of a discophorous hydrozoan.
- n. [capitalized] plural Same as Ephyromedusæ.
- n. [capitalized] A genus of geometrid moths.
- n. [capitalized] A genus of crustaceans.
- n. [capitalized] A genus of dipterous insects.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.