from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to the writing of letters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Pertaining to the writing of letters; used in writing letters; epistolary.
- adjective the same as Demotic character. See under
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Relating to the
- adjective Characteristic of a letter
Sorry, no etymologies found.
In Egypt, written language underwent a further differentiation: whence resulted the _hieratic_ and the _epistolographic_ or _enchorial_: both of which are derived from the original hieroglyphic.