from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A fatty, green crystalline compound, said to occur in certain specimens of pathological bile.
- noun A substance, possibly a chromogen, found in flowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Carbon disulphide; -- so called from certain red compounds which it produces in combination with other substances.
- noun A substance reddened by acids, which is supposed to be contained in flowers.
- noun A crystalline substance obtained from diseased bile, which becomes blood-red when acted on by nitric acid or ammonia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A substance
reddenedby acids, supposed to be contained in flowers.
- noun A
crystallinesubstance obtained from diseased bile, which becomes blood-red when acted on by nitric acidor ammonia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Ancient Greek ἐρυθρός (eruthros, "red") + -gen.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.