from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Readily transformed into tissue, as in the healing of a wound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing an organizable substance by which the tissues of an animal body are renewed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the capacity of becoming organizable in a high degree, as the matter forming the false membranes which sometimes result from acute inflammation in a healthy person.
- n. Organizable substance by which the tissues of an animal body are renewed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In physiology, capable of being transformed into permanent organized tissue.
- n. A substance thus transformable.
eu- + plastic (Wiktionary)