from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The value printed or written on the face, as of a coin or postage stamp.
- noun Apparent significance or value.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The value expressed on the face, as of a note.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
amountor value listed on a bill, note, stamp, etc.; the stated value or amount.
- noun idiomatic No more or less than what is stated; a
literalor directmeaning or interpretation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the value of a security that is set by the company issuing it; unrelated to market value
- noun the apparent worth as opposed to the real worth
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.