from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man having a wife and children.
- n. A man devoted to his family.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An adult male with a spouse and children to whose well-being he is dedicated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man of domestic habits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man whose family is of major importance in his life
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Referring to Bruce Hurst, the Red Sox pitcher who was getting set to flee to San Diego, Roger added, If you take a family man like Bruce is, there’s too many obstacles there in Boston to overcome that.
In his domestic circle, where, as a family man Himmler found it easier to strike such an attitude, he had an old acquaintance, a Dr. Carl Langbehn, whose respectable record made him an ideal piece to introduce onto the board at this stage.