from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A reckless, self-indulgent, and free-spending sphere of activity, often involving dissipation: "the culinary fast lane ... where sea urchins and arugula salads flourish” ( Boston Globe).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. On a multilane road, the lane intended or reserved for vehicles moving at faster speeds.
- n. Any situation or activity where the pace is very rapid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the traffic lane for vehicles that are moving rapidly
- n. a hectic and pressured lifestyle often characterized by recklessness or dissipation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.