from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any small windowlike opening or recess, esp. one to show the relics within an altar, or the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small window.
- n. In Roman Catholic churches, a niche on the south side of an altar, containing the piscina, and frequently also the credence.
- n. [capitalized]
- n. In zoöl.: The typical genus of the family Fenestellidœ.
- n. A genus of bivalve mollusks.
- n. [capitalized] A genus of pyreno-mycetous fungi having the perithecia arranged in more or less definite groups beneath the surface of the bark of the host.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. oval or circular opening; to allow light into a dome or vault
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.