from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun mostly British usage Same as fiberboard.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun UK, Canada A material made from wood chips or shavings, which are compressed and bonded with resin and formed into stiff sheets, often laminated with melamine, and used in building or making furniture.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun wallboard composed of wood chips or shavings bonded together with resin and compressed into rigid sheets


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.