from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A building having locker rooms and storage and training facilities, located at an athletic field.
- noun A building having one or more areas for different athletic events and usually grandstands for spectators.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun North America A large building for indoor sports, particularly at colleges.
- noun North America A building for equipment storage and changing rooms (locker rooms) by an outdoor sports field.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a building for indoor sports
- noun an athletic facility where athletes prepare for sport
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
1895. Originally a side building by an outdoor sports field, later used for large buildings for indoor sports.
Sorry, no example sentences found.