from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Any vessel or object made of potters' clay, especially a decorative or artistic object.
- noun Potters' clay.
- Of or pertaining to a potter or pottery: as, figuline ware. See
figuline rustique, under figuline.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Suitable for the making of pottery; fictile; -- said of clay.
- adjective Made of clay, as by the potter; -- said of vessels, ornamental figures, or the like.
- noun A piece of pottery ornamented with representations of natural objects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A piece of
potterydecorated with representationsof natural objects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
French, from Latin figulina pottery, from figulus. See figulate.
Sorry, no example sentences found.