from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Threadlike.
- adj. Having or ending in a threadlike part or process.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Terminating in a thread-like process.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Terminating in a threadlike process.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Thread-like; thready; ending in a thread; drawn out like a thread.
- Specifically, of or pertaining to the Filosa.
Latin fīlum, thread; see gwhī- in Indo-European roots + -ose1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin filum a thread. (Wiktionary)