from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Threadlike.
- adjective Having or ending in a threadlike part or process.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Thread-like; thready; ending in a thread; drawn out like a thread.
- Specifically, of or pertaining to the Filosa.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Terminating in a threadlike process.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Terminating in a
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin fīlum, thread; see gwhī- in Indo-European roots + –ose.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Latin filum a thread.
Sorry, no example sentences found.