from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A comb with teeth set close together.
- noun A method of searching or investigating in minute detail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
combwith fine, closely-spaced teeth.
- verb To go over or through with a fine-tooth comb
- verb To search
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a comb with teeth set close together
- noun a method of examining in minute detail
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.