finishing-tool love


from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun In lathe-work, a turning-tool with a cutting edge ground to a large angle. Such tools remove a very thin chip, and are often used simply as scrapers.
  • noun In glass manufacturing, an instrument, resembling a pair of forceps, used to shape the necks of bottles, lamp-chimneys, etc. Also called borcellas, ponteglo, and procellas. See procellas.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.