from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The punishment of hell.
- n. Homiletic rhetoric describing or warning of the punishment of hell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The traditional punishments of Hell.
- adj. Referencing the power or wrath of God.
- adj. Stereotypical descriptive for a charismatic clergyman who stresses the power or wrath of God, literal interpretation of the Bible and traditional punishments of Hell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Old Testament) God's means of destroying sinners
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I have to get into Bristol and get a look at my little peapatch, so I can prepare my own kind of fire and brimstone for what’s coming up next.