from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The punishment of hell.
- noun Vehement rhetoric, especially homiletic rhetoric describing or warning of the punishments of hell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The traditional
- adjective Referencing the power or
- adjective pejorative Stereotypical descriptive for a
charismaticclergyman who stresses the power or wrath of God, literal interpretationof the Bibleand traditional punishments of Hell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (Old Testament) God's means of destroying sinners
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.