from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The hearth of a metal-forging shop; the forge of a smithy.
- n. An enclosed hearth with hatch for refueling that is attached to or built into a boiler that supplies steam for mechanical power.
- n. The internal hearth of a furnace, stove, or heater.
- n. The hearth of an outdoor grill.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the chamber of a furnace, steam boiler, etc., for the fire.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.