from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A sale of merchandise damaged by fire.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun a sale of objects damaged by fire, usually at much reduced prices.
- noun A sale of objects or assets at much reduced prices, often performed to raise money rapidly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
clearance saleat greatly reduced prices, often at losses. Originally, a sale of product that had been damaged by fire or that could no longer be stored because the storage facility had been destroyed by fire necessitating immediate sale or loss of value.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a sale of assets at very low prices typically when the seller faces bankruptcy
- noun a sale of merchandise supposedly damaged by fire
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
fire + sale
Sorry, no example sentences found.