from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various birds, such as the Baltimore oriole, having bright scarlet or orange plumage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The scarlet tanager, a species of bird with taxonomic name Piranga olivacea
- n. The Baltimore oriole, a species of bird with taxonomic name Icterus galbula
- n. The vermilion flycatcher, a species of bird with taxonomic name Pyrocephalus rubinus
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Baltimore oriole.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A popular name of the Baltimore oriole, Icterus galbula. See oriole.
- n. The vermilion flycatcher, Pyrocephalus rubineus. one of the South American fire-crowned flycatchers, represented in the southwestern United States by the subspecies P. rubineus mexicanus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the male is bright red with black wings and tail
- n. eastern subspecies of northern oriole
- n. tropical American flycatcher found as far north as southern Texas and Arizona; adult male has bright scarlet and black plumage
As well as calling Miss Bruce his 'firebird', unmarried Oakey had also scrawled messages inside such as, 'I love you Fiona'.
A stalker who bombarded Fiona Bruce with love letters calling her his 'firebird' avoided being sent to jail yesterday despite being criticised by the judge.
* Set dynamic config value with arithmetic operation. function set_config_count ($config_name, $increment, $is_dynamic = false) global $db, $cache; switch ($db - > sql_layer) case 'firebird':
$db - > sql_freeresult ($result); break; case 'firebird': global $dbname;
I have a question about manual steering on second generation camaros? was manual steering availiable on all the second generation camaro or firebird cars 1970 to 1981?
Phoenix & Carpet (A firebird as good as a drifting carpet a la Boronov's symphonies)
I thought of the firebird when I played the Khachaturian for the recital that never came, and when our mother burst into our rooms late at night.
I drew what surrounded me, and what lay deep in my wildest dreams—a firebird like one from our Russian fairy-tale book, a bird that sings to the lonely and forsaken deep in the heart of the woods.
The harmful activity has intensified since the firebird year
The harmful activity has intensified since the firebird year (1636) and (the spirit) has been successful in many of his missions.